NFC Wild Card: Seattle Seahawks Vs Dallas Cowboys
With the start of the 2019 NFL playoffs set to get underway in a mere matter of days, pro football betting enthusiasts everywhere are in the process of locking in their wild-card picks. If you love making Over/Under wagers that take the guesswork out of often arduous ATS picks and you’re looking for value on this weekend’s quartet of wild-card contests, then consider your ticket punched YouWager gridiron gaming faithful.
We’ve got a great expert Over/Under total pick on Saturday’s NFC Wild Card clash between the Seattle Seahawks and Dallas Cowboys, now, let’s get to it.
Seattle got another stupendous MVP-caliber season from superstar quarterback Russell Wilson to win 10 games and reach the playoffs in a season they were expected to still be rebuilding in. The Seahawks have won four straight games to close out the regular season and six of their final seven games overall. The Seahawks squeaked past lowly Arizona 27-24 in Week 17 to avoid a date against Chicago and now, they’ll head to Dallas looking to duplicate their 24-13 Week 3 win over the Boys when they meet on Saturday.
“I think what it comes down to is nobody wanted to play in Chicago,” Doug Baldwin said. “We wanted to play in Dallas in a dome.”
Seattle averages 26.8 points per game to rank an encouraging eighth in scoring as Wilson passed for 3,448 yards with 35 touchdowns and just seven interceptions while taking every offensive snap for the first time in his seven-year career. The Seahawks ranks a respectable 11th in points allowed (21.7 ppg) and they closed out the regular season with a trio of Over outcomes.
• Over is 6-1 in Seahawks last 7 vs. NFC.
• Over is 4-1 in Seahawks last 5 games following a straight up win.
• Over is 4-1 in Seahawks last 5 games on FieldTurf.
• Over is 4-1 in Seahawks last 5 games following an ATS loss.
• Over is 4-1 in Seahawks last 5 vs. a team with a winning record.
• Over is 7-2 in Seahawks last 9 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
• Over is 6-2 in Seahawks last 8 playoff games.
Like the Seahawks, Dak Prescott and the Cowboys are also playing successful football in winning two straight and six of their last eight regular season games overall. Dallas managed to sneak past the Giants 36-35 in their Week 17 matchup against their longtime NFC East division rivals. The Cowboys also have an elite defense that held the opposition to a modest 20.2 points per game to rank sixth in points allowed. Unfortunately, the Cowboys had a far more modest offensive campaign in averaging just 21.2 points per game this season (22nd) while playing under their total in nine of their games this season.
• Under is 4-1 in Cowboys last 5 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
• Under is 11-3 in Cowboys last 14 games following a straight up win.
• Under is 7-2 in Cowboys last 9 vs. a team with a winning record.
• Under is 10-3 in Cowboys last 13 games in January.
• Under is 9-3 in Cowboys last 12 games following an ATS win.
• Under is 5-2 in Cowboys last 7 playoff games.
• Under is 17-8 in Cowboys last 25 games overall.
Expert Pick and Prediction
While the vast majority of Dallas’ key O/U trends suggest an under outcome in this wild card contest, I’m going to advise you to play the Over. First and foremost, the 40-point total looks low to me, even though Dallas and Seattle both have elite defenses and combined for just 37 points in their earlier meeting this season.
The Over is 7-1 in Seattle’s last 8 games and 4-1 in their last 5 playoff road games. The Over is also 5-2 in Dallas’ last 7 home games and both teams in this affair have been scoring the ball at a decent rate recently with Seattle putting 30 points or more on the board in three of their last six games and Dallas putting 27 points or more on the board in three of their last four games. I’m thinking Russell Wilson and the red-hot Seahawks are the pick to get the outright upset win while the Over looks like a lock!
Predicted Score: Seattle Seahawks 27 | Dallas Cowboys 23
- Betting Resources
- Casino News
- College Basketball News
- College Football
- College Football News
- eSports News
- Golf News
- Horse Racing
- Horse Racing News
- MLB News
- Nascar & Auto Racing News
- NBA News
- NFL News
- NHL News
- Soccer News
- Tennis News
- UFC & Boxing News
- Video Editorial
- YouWager Sports News & Updates