NHL Game for Monday: Nashville Predators at Toronto Maple Leafs
John Tavares and the Toronto Maple Leafs will look to tame P.K. Subban and the visiting Nashville Predators when the two teams square off in an intriguing matchup of Stanley Cup favorites on NHL Monday Night. Now, with both teams looking to record consecutive victories, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against the ice hockey odds in the YouWager NHL sportsbook.
Nashville has won just three of their last 10 games, but the Predators have bagged all three victories in their last four games including a convincing 4-1 win over Montreal on Saturday. Craig Smith scored a pair of goals to lead the way to victory while Mattias Ekholm and Viktor Arvidsson added a goal apiece. PK Subban assisted twice and Juuse Saros made 27 saves to get the win. The Predators average a respectable 3.0 goals per game () while allowing just 2.5 goals per contest defensively to rank first in goals allowed.
• Predators are 24-6 in their last 30 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
• Predators are 15-5 in their last 20 vs. Eastern Conference.
• Predators are 8-3 in their last 11 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
• Predators are 35-16 in their last 51 vs. a team with a winning record.
• Predators are 3-7 in their last 10 overall.
• Predators are 1-4 in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
• Predators are 1-5 in their last 6 in the third game of a 3-in-4 situation.
Toronto has won six of its last 10 and managed to snap a modest two-game skid by spanking Vancouver 5-0 on Saturday. The Maple Leafs got first period goals from John Tavares and Trevor Moore while Auston Matthews, Andreas Johnsson, and Igor Ozhiganov all scored goals in the third period. Matthews added a pair of assist in the win while goalie Michael Hutchinson turned back all 28 shots he faced. Toronto averages a stellar 3.7 goals per game to rank second in scoring while allowing just 2.8 goals per game defensively to rank an encouraging sixth in goals allowed.
• Maple Leafs are 6-1 in their last 7 Monday games.
• Maple Leafs are 22-5 in their last 27 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
• Maple Leafs are 4-1 in their last 5 games following a win.
• Maple Leafs are 20-6 in their last 26 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
• Maple Leafs are 10-4 in their last 14 vs. Central.
• Maple Leafs are 9-4 in their last 13 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
• Maple Leafs are 36-16 in their last 52 home games.
• Maple Leafs are 28-13 in their last 41 games playing on 1 days rest.
• Maple Leafs are 36-17 in their last 53 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
While Toronto had a bit of a rough patch last week, Nashville has been mired in something of a mini-slump for about two weeks. While the Predators have looked a lot better over the last week or so, the fact of the matter is that Toronto is far better at the offensive end of the ice – and just a little bit behind Nashville’s league-leading defense at that of the ice.
The Predators are 2-11 in their last 13 road games and 0-5 in their last 5 games after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game. On the flip side of the coin, Toronto has gone 6-2 in their last 8 games and a bankroll-boosting 20-7 in their last 27 games against teams from the Western Conference.
John Tavares and the Leafs definitely want to send a message that they can play with anyone this season and that’s just what I’m expecting them to do in this contest.
Predicted Score: Nashville Predators 2 | Toronto Maple Leafs 3
- Betting Resources
- Casino News
- College Basketball News
- College Football
- College Football News
- eSports News
- Golf News
- Horse Racing
- Horse Racing News
- MLB News
- Nascar & Auto Racing News
- NBA News
- NFL News
- NHL News
- Soccer News
- Tennis News
- UFC & Boxing News
- Video Editorial
- YouWager Sports News & Updates